Since the inception of Aadhar card, it has only grown in its importance. Today, aadhar card is the most important document one could have. In such a situation, only a fool will ignore the importance of having an aadhar card. The importance of aadhar card has risen because of the fact that nowadays, you have to link all your important documents with it. And if you do not so, you will be exempt from availing any facility or benefit.
Speaking of linking your aadhar card with other documents, even your bank account has not been left behind. The government is continuously encouraging people to link their aadhar number with their bank accounts for a number of important reasons including security purposes. Now the thing is most people are not sure of the procedure to link their aadhar card with their bank accounts. To help you out, we have provided the necessary steps in this article.
How to Link Your Aadhar Card to Your Bank Account?
You can link your aadhar card with your bank account but change date of birth both online and offline if it varies from your aadhar. But since the online process of linking your aadhar card with your bank account is the easiest one, we will be discussing its steps in details. In order to complete the process, all you need is a computer or laptop and a good internet connection, and that’s all.
Here you go with the steps:
- In order to complete the process, you have to make sure that you have availed for the internet banking facility of your bank otherwise you won’t be able to do it.
- Log in to your internet banking account of your bank.
- Go to the link, ‘aadhar card seeding’ or ‘update aadhar card details.’ Now click on any of these links, and you will be re-directed to a new page.
- You will be asked to enter your aadhar card information.
- Enter the details and make sure that the information provided by is correct. There should not be any mistake, or else the process will fail.
- Once you are done filling up the information, click on the ‘submit’ button.
- Once you do that, your online application will be stored in the bank database.
- The stored information will be verified by the bank officials, and after that, your application will be processed. Once it’s been done, you receive a confirmation notice via email or through SMS on your registered mobile number.
Thus, you can see that linking your aadhar card with your bank account is a very simple process and can be done by anyone. If you haven’t done it yet then, get it done as soon as possible in order to keep your bank account active. Bank accounts that are not linked to their respective aadhar card numbers will be deactivated. In order to prevent all that from happening, link it today by following the simple process given below.